Thursday, June 26, 2008

Praise da LERD!!!!!

Hola,

Just wanted to shout a holler at cha!!!!! We are currently in a village called Caraveli... This village is by far my favorite... I really have a heart for this place for a few reasons... First, this area has a ton of teenagers... We got to do a presentation in the high school in front like 350 students... I really enjoyed that... We were not allowed to give an invitation but the principal said I could share whatever I wanted with the students... We presented a couple of songs... they really liked them.... we sang, ¨La unica razon¨, The only reason... and ¨Esas Montanas¨ Those Mountains...

Then we presented a skit that goes along with the lifehouse song ¨Everything¨ This skit shows many of the tempatations teenagers face in life... It is really powerful....

After this skit we presented the Gospel... The students were sooo attentive!!!! I really have a heart for this age group of people because of the decisions my friends and I made in High School... I pray that these students would search for the meaning of life through Christ and not in alchohol, drugs, and sex...

Here is the skit in Spanish Drama "Mi Todo" (Lifehouse's "Everything" Skit)

Here it is in English Next Level Lifehouse Everything Skit

Thank you all sooo much for your prayers... I really appreciate you all... Keep my team in your prayers as we travel today to Atico from Caraveli... we will stay in Atico until Saturday morning and then we will be in Nazca for our mid summer debriefing.... this is just a time of rest and relaxation in which we can chill and hang out with all the other summer missionaries... I am going to go visit the lines of Nazca from an airplane possibly... I am also going to travel to Ica during this time and go Sand bording on some of the world´s largeste sand dunes... Pray for me!!! LOL... Miss you all!!!

Until All Have Heard
Psalm 34. 4
Tommy Leach

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

For anyone who reads his blog I am pasting a link to Lyrics.com for the Everything song if you want to read them - hopefully this works.

http://www.lyrics.com/lyric.php?id=20967

Tommy, as I watched the video the tears stream down my face. Thank you for showing us some of what you are doing - may the LORD pull all of those 350 students. Know that we are praying fervently for all of you - thanks for your leadership. Enjoy the "lines" very cool and DO NOT GET HURT sandboarding - just roll down with your body like you did as a child on a grassy knoll - yes much safer. We ALL love you ALL - PRAISE THE LORD!!! Kelly (Jessica's mom)

Anonymous said...

The link won't work :( but one can copy and paste. Kelly

Anonymous said...

Tommy, one more thing, do you ever wonder "who" will be the last one "to hear" on earth? Could be someone you come across in Peru!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

tommy it sounds like your having an amazing time. I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your team. God is doing amazing things this summer. See you in the fall.
peace,
"Turtle"

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr.Leach!! It's good to hear from you again. I'm so sorry to hear about the guy who was killed in the accident and i will be keepin his family in my prayers.It sounds like you all are havin a good time and that you are sharing the gospel with alot of people. I've been praying for you and your team and i hope that ya'll will continue to do God's work and i will be praying for your safety. Can't wait to see you again!
Love and Prayers,
Nattalie Miles

Anonymous said...

Well said.